It is not the advice of mine, but it helped me enormously.
I’ve to accomplish the state when all of my pages are in
UTF-8 encoding, but the DB is also OK.
That’s what helped me - combining this advice with one line in
PHP code while connecting to the DB
In mysql, following to
PHPMyAdmin everything was set to
utf-8. But I had to correct this line in database connection line:
mysql_select_db("****") and mysql_query("set names utf8") and mysql_query("SET collation_connection = 'utf8_general_ci'");
Then I’ve added inside all
.htaccess files of all
php folders (why I am doing these strange things - in that advise) the next lines:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
# unicode support AddDefaultCharset utf-8 <IfModule mod_charset.c> CharsetDisable on CharsetRecodeMultipartForms Off </IfModule> php_value mbstring.func_overload 7 php_value default_charset UTF-8 php_value mbstring.language Russian php_value mbstring.internal_encoding UTF-8 php_flag mbstring.encoding_translation on php_value mbstring.http_input "UTF-8,KOI8-R,CP1251" php_value mbstring.http_output UTF-8 php_value mbstring.detect_order "UTF-8,KOI8-R,CP1251" # end
And, of course, I’ve re-encoded all my pages and
UTF-8 (used PSPad).
HTML-pages I’ve added this, just be on the safe side:
1 2 3
<head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> </head>
And everything started to work great and in
UTF-8! (this method was used in next post)